(RepublicanReport.org) – In 2020, Lauren Boebert (R-CO) defeated her Democratic opponent, former state representative Diane Bush, by 6,512 votes. In 2022, the gap narrowed when she beat former Aspen city council member Adam Frisch (D) by only 546 votes. Facing a likely repeat match with the liberal businessman in 2024, recent reports indicate that Boebert must endure the additional challenge of having to wage war against members of the Hollywood elite to secure another term in office.
On December 4, Newsweek published a report detailing its recent analysis of Federal Election Committee (FEC) campaign finance data related to the 2024 race for Boebert’s seat as the US representative for Colorado’s 3rd Congressional District.
The media outlet’s review revealed that over a dozen Hollywood-based filmmakers, actors, and musicians have already donated to Frisch’s bid to defeat Boebert by turning the district blue in 2024. Several big names head that list, including:
- Academy, Golden Globe, and Primetime Emmy awards nominated movie and television director Rob Reiner
- Academy, Emmy, Daytime Emmy, Golden Globe, and Grammy award-winning singer Barbra Streisand
- Critics’ Choice Movie and Golden Globe award-nominated Canadian/American actor Ryan Reynolds
- Three-time Grammy winner Don Henley, a founding member of The Eagles
- Americana Music Honor & Awards winner and Academy of Country Music and Country Music Association award-nominated singer Roseanne Cash, the daughter of legendary country and western singer Johnny Cash
Making matters worse for Boebert, Newsweek reported that Frisch’s campaign already raked in a record-setting $3.38 million during 2023’s third quarter. That figure represents nearly four times the amount raised by the Republican incumbent. Additionally, almost 100% of the money raised by Frisch came from individual donors — a strong indicator that he has the widespread support of individual voters and not just special interest groups and lobbyists.
With the end-of-month deadline upon us, I'm asking each and every one of you for help ensuring my campaign has the resources to win.
If we lose Colorado's 3rd District, the House is in MAJOR jeopardy of falling into Democrat hands.
My opponent has plenty of funding from Soros…
— Lauren Boebert (@laurenboebert) November 30, 2023
On November 30, Boebert posted a brief statement soliciting campaign donations on her X/Twitter account. She warned supporters that Colorado’s 3rd District was in “jeopardy of falling into Democratic hands” due to her opponent’s ability to raise funds from George Soros and “Hollywood liberals” like Reynolds and Streisand.
Copyright 2023, RepublicanReport.org